Sunday, March 3, 2013

Spring Is In The Night Crtters

When I first moved out to the "country", thirty some years ago, I was astonished at the amount of noise made by frogs.  It was so loud, I couldn't sleep.  Now, I get worried when I don't hear the frogs.   They've become my very own "canary in a coal mine" to let me know that my little corner of paradise still has a healthy ecology.

And so it's nice to hear them. 


Sorry about the rather poor production values, I just heard them while I was upstairs staring at the computer, trying to write some code, and ran out and recorded them with my phone.  (I'll blog about the code pretty soon, I've finished the non-GUI version and have the GUI version almost done.)

In fact, I'd have to say that's one of the aspects about living where we do that I have come to thoroughly enjoy, we see lots of critters.

Here's the deer coming through the yard last summer.


And I've got a picture of a black bear racing through the yard too (he was NOT going to stand still for a photo).

There's been a family of owls which have also taken up residence somewhere on our property this last year, they make the most crazy sounds at night sometimes (I tell my wife that's  when they're getting it on).  I'll try to get recordings of them too.

Oh, to be young and horny, like a toad...

No comments:

Post a Comment