Monday, April 29, 2013

Sailing With Eye Candy

Was invited out to be bowman on the Farr 395 Eye Candy for the Protection Island Race.  Boy, did I make too many mistakes - asymmetrical kites are still too new to me.  I got the tack line lead the wrong way putting the sheets "outside" way too many time (three or four times, I think).  Once I launched the chute with the tack and clew reversed.  I'm not going to take the credit for that one, I think it was packed in the bag backwards.

Anyways, it was a long race with just about ever different sailing condition you can name.  We had a pretty good ride, got knocked down pretty good a couple of times, but keep moving and actually got home quite early.  We corrected out over the bigger boats  and finished eighth.

Picture to come ...

No comments:

Post a Comment